Russell Dougherty Elementary School fosters a safe learning environment where all students are inspired, supported, and uplifted. Students will be prepared for present and future challenges both in and outside of the school building. They will grow as learners and people, carrying these tools into their adolescence and adulthood. Ultimately, reaching their full potential and making a positive impact throughout their future in education, employment and life.
My vision is based on the beliefs that:
- Every student can learn, and every student can succeed
- Every student should have access to an opportunity for a high quality education
- Every student should graduate from high school prepared for employment, enlistment, or further education.
- Every student should have access to a school counseling program.
- Effective school counseling is a collaborative process involving school counselors, students, families, teachers, administrators and education stakeholders.
- Counselors are leaders in the school, district, state and nation.
- Comprehensive school counseling programs promote and enhance student academic, career, and social/emotional outcomes.
OUR SCHOOL COUNSELING MISSION STATEMENT
The school counseling program at Russell Dougherty Elementary is both data-informed and comprehensive, focusing equitable access to support all students in achieving their maximum potential. In collaboration with parents, teachers, staff, and administrators, the school counselor ensures that each student has the skills, knowledge, and behaviors needed to become effective responsible citizens, as well as lifelong learners in a challenging and engaging environment.
Meet the Counselor: Mrs. Mariah Prock
Hello Russell Dougherty Eagles! I am Mariah Prock and I am very excited to be serving as the Russell Dougherty School Counselor this year. I feel so honored to get to serve Russell Dougherty in this way. This is my 3rd year at Russell Dougherty but my 1st year as a school counselor. I am finishing up graduate school at UCO, graduating in May of 2022, and plan to continue on to get my Licenced Professional Counselors licence. I have been a wife to my husband Collin for 17 years and a mom to my 3 kids for 13 years. We have one teenager in middle school and two kids here at Russell Dougherty. I am also a dog mom to a 3 year old boxer named Harlee. I enjoy audiobooks, watching movies, hanging out with friends and family, and watching my kids play soccer.